Are you looking for a headless e-commerce platform that offers a complete omnichannel shopping experience? If so, you’re in luck! There are many powerful and feature-rich headless e-commerce platforms available today. In this blog post, we’ll explore the top 7 best headless e-commerce platforms to help make your search for the perfect platform easier. Learn more about these innovative solutions and determine which will work best for you!
Each headless e-commerce platform provides a unique set of features and functions, allowing you to create a comprehensive online store without the need for complicated coding. From user-friendly drag-and-drop page builders to sophisticated APIs that integrate with third-party applications, these solutions will surely provide everything you need to build a successful e-commerce website. We’ll go over each of these platforms in detail so that you can make an informed decision when choosing the best headless e-commerce platform for your business. Let’s get started!
BigCommerce is a powerful and feature-rich headless e-commerce platform designed to help businesses create an engaging online presence. It provides users with intuitive drag-and-drop page builders, sophisticated APIs for third-party integrations, and access to powerful marketing tools. BigCommerce also offers a range of pricing plans, making it an ideal solution for businesses of all sizes.
- Flexible website design with customizable templates and themes
- Product catalog management, including bulk import/export, categories, and SKUs
- Payment gateway integrations with options like PayPal, Stripe, and Square
- Order management and fulfillment with tools for tracking, shipping, and returns
- Marketing and SEO tools, including email campaigns, social media integration, and SEO optimization
- Built-in analytics and reporting to help businesses track sales, customer behavior, and more
- Mobile app for managing the store on-the-go
BigCommerce offers four pricing plans:
- Standard Plan ($29.95/month): includes all basic features and tools needed to start an online store, with a limit of $50,000 in annual sales.
- Plus Plan ($79.95/month): includes all standard features plus advanced features like abandoned cart recovery and customer segmentation.
- Pro Plan ($299.95/month): includes all features, plus advanced features like faceted search, custom SSL, and Google AMP support.
- Enterprise Plan (custom pricing): includes all pro features, dedicated support, custom development, and advanced security and compliance features.
2) Shopify Plus
Shopify Plus is an enterprise-level e-commerce platform designed to provide scalable and flexible solutions to high-volume merchants. It offers a range of advanced features to support the needs of larger businesses, such as high traffic and sales volume, custom integrations, and personalized support.
Some of the key features of Shopify Plus include:
- Scalability: Shopify Plus can support businesses that generate millions of dollars in revenue per year and handle large traffic spikes during peak seasons.
- Customization: Shopify Plus allows businesses to customize their storefronts and checkout processes and integrate them with other systems and applications.
- Security: Shopify Plus offers advanced security features, including PCI compliance, SSL encryption, and fraud detection tools.
- Support: Shopify Plus customers receive personalized support from a dedicated account manager and access to a team of technical experts.
- Multi-channel selling: Shopify Plus allows businesses to sell on multiple channels, including social media, marketplaces, and brick-and-mortar stores.
Shopify Plus pricing is not publicly available, as it is customized based on each customer’s needs and requirements.
CoreCommerce is a cloud-based eCommerce platform enabling businesses to create and manage online stores. It offers various features such as customizable templates, inventory management, marketing tools, payment processing, and shipping integrations. Its drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to set up and manage an online store without requiring technical knowledge.
Some of the notable features of CoreCommerce include:
- Customizable templates: CoreCommerce offers a wide range of templates that can be modified to match a business’s branding and design requirements.
- Inventory management: The platform offers a powerful system that allows businesses to track inventory levels, manage product variants, and set up low-stock alerts.
- Payment processing: CoreCommerce supports payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.net, and others, allowing businesses to accept customer payments in multiple currencies.
- Marketing tools: The platform has built-in marketing tools such as SEO optimization, email marketing, social media integration, and coupon code creation to help businesses reach a wider audience.
- Shipping integrations: CoreCommerce integrates with various shipping carriers such as FedEx, UPS, USPS, and others, enabling businesses to manage shipping rates, print labels, and track orders.
CoreCommerce offers three pricing plans:
- Starter Plan: This Plan costs $29 per month and includes up to 10 products, unlimited bandwidth, and 1GB of storage.
- Standard Plan: This Plan costs $79 per month and includes up to 3000 products, unlimited bandwidth, and 2GB of storage.
- Pro Plan: This Plan costs $229 per month and includes unlimited products, unlimited bandwidth, and 10GB of storage.
4) Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware)
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a cloud-based e-commerce platform that helps businesses create engaging, personalized, and seamless customer shopping experiences across all channels and devices.
Features of Salesforce Commerce Cloud include:
- Omnichannel commerce: The platform enables businesses to deliver a consistent shopping experience across multiple channels, including web, mobile, social media, and in-store.
- Personalization: Commerce Cloud uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to provide personalized recommendations, promotions, and content based on customer behavior, preferences, and history.
- Order management: The platform provides a single view of inventory, orders, and fulfillment across all channels, enabling businesses to fulfill orders faster and more efficiently.
- Marketing automation: Commerce Cloud integrates with Salesforce Marketing Cloud to enable businesses to create targeted and personalized campaigns across all channels.
- Analytics: The platform provides real-time analytics and insights into customer behavior, sales performance, and marketing effectiveness.
- Community-driven innovation: Commerce Cloud has a community of developers and partners who create and share apps, integrations, and extensions to enhance the platform’s functionality.
Pricing for Salesforce Commerce Cloud is not publicly available and is tailored to each customer’s needs and requirements. However, the platform offers a range of pricing plans based on factors such as the number of users, transaction volume, and features. Additionally, Commerce Cloud offers a free trial and a platform demo to help businesses evaluate its suitability for their needs.
Ecwid is a cloud-based e-commerce platform that allows businesses to create an online store and sell products on various platforms, including their website, social media channels, and marketplaces.
- Multi-Platform Integration: Ecwid integrates with multiple platforms, including WordPress, Wix, Weebly, Facebook, and Instagram, allowing businesses to reach customers wherever they are.
- Mobile Responsive: Ecwid’s storefronts are optimized for mobile devices, ensuring a smooth shopping experience for customers on the go.
- Customizable Design: Ecwid provides businesses with a range of design options, including customizable themes and layouts, allowing them to create a unique online store that matches their brand.
- Payment Options: Ecwid supports various payment gateways, including PayPal, Stripe, and Square, enabling businesses to accept payments in multiple currencies and languages.
- Inventory Management: Ecwid helps businesses track inventory levels and manage product listings, ensuring they never oversell or run out of stock.
- Marketing Tools: Ecwid includes built-in marketing tools, such as discount codes, gift cards, and email campaigns, to help businesses attract and retain customers.
Ecwid offers four pricing plans:
- Free Plan: This Plan includes a basic online store with limited features, ideal for small businesses just starting.
- Venture Plan: Priced at $15 per month, this Plan offers additional features, including the ability to sell on marketplaces like Amazon and eBay, and support for abandoned cart recovery.
- Business Plan: Priced at $35 per month, this Plan includes all the features of the Venture plan, plus more advanced features such as wholesale pricing, product filters, and priority support.
- Unlimited Plan: Priced at $99 per month, this Plan includes all the features of the Business plan, plus support for custom API, priority support, and additional design and customization options.
Reaction Commerce is an open-source, headless commerce platform enabling developers and retailers to build custom e-commerce experiences tailored to their business needs. It is built on Node.js and MongoDB and provides a robust set of APIs and integrations for managing product catalog, inventory, orders, payments, and fulfillment. Reaction Commerce offers both a cloud-hosted and a self-hosted option, making it flexible for businesses of all sizes and technical expertise.
- Customizable storefronts: Reaction Commerce offers a flexible, headless architecture that enables businesses to create fully-customizable e-commerce experiences using their frontend technologies.
- Omnichannel selling: Sell across multiple channels and touchpoints, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, and more.
- Product catalog management: Easily manage and update product listings, pricing, and inventory from a centralized dashboard.
- Order management: Manage orders, customer information, and shipping details in real time.
- Payment and checkout: Offer a variety of payment methods and checkout options to customers, including credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay, and more.
- Shipping and fulfillment: Manage shipping carriers, tracking numbers, and workflows.
- Integrations and APIs: Connect with various third-party services and tools, including payment gateways, shipping carriers, marketing platforms, and more.
Reaction Commerce offers a free, open-source version of its platform that can be self-hosted or deployed to cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Digital Ocean. They also offer a paid, cloud-hosted platform version with additional features and support, starting at $999 monthly. Custom pricing plans are available for businesses with specific needs.
Magento Commerce is an enterprise-level e-commerce platform developed by Adobe. It is designed to provide online merchants with a flexible and powerful solution for creating and managing online stores.
Here are some of the features of Magento Commerce:
- Customizable storefronts: Magento Commerce allows users to create customized storefronts that match their brand identity and meet their specific needs.
- Product management: Merchants can manage their product catalogs easily, including creating, updating, and organizing products, as well as managing inventory and pricing.
- Order management: Merchants can manage orders, shipments, and invoices, track shipments, and manage returns and refunds.
- Marketing and promotions: Magento Commerce provides a suite of marketing tools, including SEO optimization, email marketing, and advanced segmentation and targeting capabilities.
- Payment and shipping integration: The platform integrates with various payment gateways and shipping providers to streamline checkout.
- Multi-store management: Merchants can manage multiple online stores from a single dashboard.
- Mobile responsiveness: Magento Commerce provides mobile-responsive storefronts optimized for mobile devices.
As for pricing, Magento Commerce offers a subscription-based pricing model, with pricing customized to the specific needs of each business. Pricing is based on factors such as the number of stores, the size of the business, and the level of support required.
When it comes to headless e-commerce platforms, there are many options available in the market. Some of the best headless e-commerce solutions include Adobe Commerce, BigCommerce, Shopify Plus, commerce tools, Elastic Path, Contentstack, and Moltin.
These platforms provide e-commerce businesses with the flexibility and agility to create unique and personalized e-commerce stores that meet the evolving needs of today’s consumers. By using a headless commerce solution, businesses can take advantage of the benefits of decoupling their front end and back end, providing them with the ability to deliver seamless and consistent experiences across all channels.
Overall, headless e-commerce platforms offer an exciting alternative to traditional e-commerce platforms, enabling businesses to stay ahead of the competition and create truly exceptional online experiences for their customers.
A headless e-commerce platform is a type of e-commerce solution that decouples the front and back ends of an e-commerce store. This means that the front end, responsible for the user interface and customer experience, is separate from the back end, which handles e-commerce functionality such as inventory management, order processing, and payment processing.
A headless e-commerce solution differs from a traditional e-commerce platform in that it separates the front and back end, whereas a traditional e-commerce platform provides an all-in-one solution. With a headless e-commerce solution, businesses can choose the front-end technology and design that best suits their needs while still taking advantage of the e-commerce functionality provided by the backend.
One of the main benefits of using a headless e-commerce platform is the flexibility and agility it provides. Businesses can easily customize the user experience and experiment with new technologies and designs by decoupling the front end and back end. Additionally, headless e-commerce platforms often provide a better developer experience, allowing for faster development and deployment of new features.
A headless CMS is a content management system that provides the content to any frontend system rather than being tied to a specific frontend technology. This is similar to how a headless e-commerce platform operates, as it allows for flexibility in front-end technology and design. Headless CMS can be used with a headless e-commerce platform to provide dynamic and personalized content to customers.
Some popular headless e-commerce platforms on the market include Adobe Commerce, BigCommerce, Shopify Plus, commerce tools, Elastic Path, Contentstack, and Moltin. Each platform offers unique features and benefits, so it’s important to research and compare them to find the best fit for your business needs.
One of the main benefits of a headless commerce platform is the ability to customize and personalize the front of your e-commerce store. With a headless commerce platform, businesses can choose their preferred frontend technology and design, allowing for a more unique and tailored user experience. Additionally, headless commerce platforms often offer a better developer experience, allowing for faster development and deployment of new features.
Many headless commerce platforms offer integrations with other systems, allowing businesses to use them with their existing technologies. Researching and confirming the integrations offered by a headless commerce platform before selecting to ensure it will work with your existing systems is important.
Headless commerce platforms can be a good fit for businesses in various industries, including retail, B2B, and direct-to-consumer. They may be particularly well-suited for businesses with complex e-commerce needs, such as those requiring customization, personalization, or a high degree of flexibility in their e-commerce storefront.