At Apibit.com, we diligently strive to gain your trust. Outlined below are the core principles that guide our operations, ensuring that apibit.com stands as your most cherished and reliable resource for discovering and choosing business software, services, and hardware. We may occasionally update these Community Guidelines on our website. Your engagement with the apibit.com Community and website is governed by these guidelines. It’s imperative that you review and adhere to these Community Guidelines.
We strive to keep our ratings authentic.
A LinkedIn account or a verified business email is mandated to authenticate an apibit.com reviewer’s identity and present employment status. Additionally, we corroborate reviewers by collaborating with sellers and organizations, facilitating secure user authentication through designated platforms. We prohibit users from posting reviews about their current or former employers, or competitors.
No pay-to-play. Sellers cannot influence ratings, placement, sort order, etc.
After our automatic filtering process removes reviews that do not meet our minimum submission requirements, our team manually checks each review. All reviews must pass our moderation process before they are published.
- The “Validated Reviewer” label denotes how the reviewer was authenticated.
- The “Verified Current User” label only appears for software reviews and indicates that the review includes an approved screenshot of the reviewer logged into the software.
At apibit.com, we have always believed in bringing greater trust and transparency to the reviews ecosystem, and encourage all sellers and reviewers to read the Federal Trade Commission’s expanded guidelines and reference them regularly when using apibit.com including but not limited to the following:
- Featuring Online Customer Reviews: A Guide for Platforms.
- Soliciting and Paying for Online Reviews: A Guide for Marketers
- What companies – and platforms – can do to help stop fake post-for-pay reviews
- Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
The satisfaction ratings, market presence scores, and index scores on Apibit.com are dynamically computed using algorithms in real time, stemming from reviews collected from our user community, along with data amassed from publicly accessible online sources and social networks. Apibit.com ratings exclusively incorporate data from verified reviewers and public sources. We maintain a uniform algorithm across all categories.
Users with a business affiliation to a seller, like resellers, are welcomed to share their insights through reviews on Apibit.com, as their perspective can be valuable. However, due to the potential bias inherent in such relationships, the reviews from business partners do not contribute to the apibit.com score and are marked with a “Business Partner” label on the review.
Apibit.com does not add any subjective input to ratings, Grid® placement, or review summaries. We do not, under any circumstances, edit the content of any review.
We hold the discretion to eliminate reviews failing to adhere to our baseline quality standards. This includes, among other things, reviews copied from other sources, responses that deviate from the questions posed, defamatory remarks, indications of trial or non-professional usage, or content generated by AI language models in any form. Additionally, we reserve the right to remove any reviews, comments, or other contributions made by a user, in instances where the user’s apibit.com or LinkedIn™ profile lacks crucial identifying information.
Users can always edit their review to reflect changing opinions or to ensure that the review meets our quality standards. Edited reviews go back through our moderation process once changes are submitted.
Apibit.com will occasionally offer incentives for honest reviews to help us gather a full and accurate data set. These incentives are offered as thank-yous for approved reviews; eligibility to receive an incentive is never based on the opinions, positive or negative, of the review.
If we discover attempts by sellers to manipulate their reviews, we may issue alerts to warn users about this behavior. Actions that trigger these alerts include, but are not limited to, soliciting only positive reviews, discouraging negative reviews, threatening users to remove negative reviews, and writing fake reviews from a shared IP address.
We protect our users’ privacy.
We do not share your data with outside sources for any reason without your express permission. While we do ask contributing users to sign in via their LinkedInTM profiles, a verified business email, or other select platforms, this information is used strictly to validate reviewer identity and user authenticity.
If you grant apibit.com access to your LinkedInTM connections, we do not access your connections’ contact information. By granting access to your LinkedInTM connections, you are able to see reviews written by your first-degree connections; this empowers you to then reach out to your connections for more information on the technology they use.
We will not post to any social network on your behalf for any reason.
We understand that business relationships between customers and sellers may require discretion. Apibit.com gives users the option to have any of their reviews posted without identifying information (their name, photo, company) accompanying the review. The apibit.com team still validates these reviews using the information provided by the user, but an “unattributed” review will display only the user’s current job category and industry. Apibit.com will not share the user’s information with the public or the company whose software, service, or hardware the user reviewed.
Tips for leaving reviews.
Review for the reader.
Your review could help someone choose a new software, service, or hardware. In your review, include details you would be looking for if you were in need of the same type of solution. The more informative the review, the more attention it attracts and the more credible you appear. Your unique insights will be more helpful than the opinions of an analyst or consultant because you have firsthand experience in a business environment.
Aim for balance.
Even if you love what you’re reviewing, it’s probably not perfect. Your review can include glowing recommendations and commentary on favorite aspects, but be sure to mention anything that could use improvement. People are likely to place less trust in overwhelmingly positive (or overwhelmingly negative) reviews because they do not present a balanced and realistic account of the user experience.
Along with being balanced, it’s also best to accurately present yourself and your level of experience with the software, service, or hardware. Reviews that speak to specific situations and use cases are much more relevant and valuable than those that do not.
- For software, mention the level of experience you have with the tool, any integrations you use in conjunction, or any unique use-cases you’re addressing with the tool you’re reviewing.
- For hardware, mention your set-up and what other systems the product interacts with at your company.
- For services, mention the length of your engagement, the level of interaction, or anything else you think would help others evaluating similar providers.
If you haven’t used a software, service, or hardware in more than two years, we request that you refrain from submitting a review of it. B2B technology can change drastically in a relatively short amount of time.
Tips for participating in the apibit.com community.
We work to keep our conversations useful, transparent, and safe for the whole community. Violating these guidelines may result in the removal of content or a user being permanently banned from contributing to the apibit.com community.
- Use your real identity. Use your real name and identity when posting to ensure you’re credited for your expertise!
- Your content is enough. Anything taken from another source must be properly attributed and legally yours to share.
- Respect each other. By using this platform, you are agreeing to treat other users with respect. We have no tolerance for content that harasses an individual or group based on race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, political group, sexual orientation or other characteristics. Abusive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Respect the platform. Users who do not post meaningful content, use deceptive means to generate traffic, post unsolicited promotions, or manipulate content will be banned.
- Talk it out. We encourage different opinions. If someone has answered a question and you have a different solution, please feel free to share it! Engaging in respectful dialogue makes the entire community better.
- Tell the story. When participating in conversation, it’s helpful to share the background behind why you are asking something, or how you came to find an answer. The more you expand on your questions and responses, the better your peers will be able to understand where you’re coming from.
- Editing Posts. Users can always edit their posts to reflect changing circumstances or understanding.
- Removed Posts. We reserve the right to remove posts and discussions that do not meet minimum quality standards. This includes, but is not limited to, those that have been copied from another source or posts which include gibberish, or posts which include defamatory comments.
Tips for sellers.
- Get involved. All sellers have an equal opportunity to take advantage of being part of apibit.com’s community. They can be listed on the site, update the pages of their offerings, and respond to user posts free of charge. In fact, we encourage sellers to do so as this promotes transparency.
- Gather reviews. We encourage all sellers to ask their customers to leave reviews with authentic, unbiased feedback. If apibit.com finds evidence of a seller soliciting only positive reviews, we will remove the reviews. To assist sellers with outreach to their customers, apibit.com offers a free service through which we will contact a seller’s customers on their behalf to ask them to share their authentic feedback on one or more of their offerings.
- Start conversations. We encourage sellers to engage in a dialogue with users and we provide them with the opportunity to respond publicly to posts. If a post contains inaccurate or negative commentary, we invite sellers to provide their perspective and address the user’s comments in this forum.
- Keep us honest. All apibit.com users have the ability to report a concern on a review; when this occurs, an apibit.com team member will investigate and provide a response. We do not edit or remove reviews at a seller’s request or act as fact-finders to facilitate disputes between sellers and apibit.com users; however, we do encourage all users to submit concerns for reviews that seem fake, out of place, or to come from a biased source.
- Review concerns can be submitted under a review by clicking the “Report a Concern” button. Providing as much relevant information as possible will help us respond thoroughly and accurately.
- Keep in mind. We respect the freedom of expression through slang and strong language unless it attacks individuals or groups based on race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, political group, sexual orientation, or other characteristics.
- Review concerns are typically addressed within two business days.
At apibit.com, we aim to enable customers to collect authentic reviews. Reviews are an important part of the buying process, and we understand the value they provide to both our customers and buyers. To ensure the value is retained, it’s important to ensure that reviews are authentic. Apibit.com aims to provide collection tools and a moderation process that prevents inauthentic reviews, but customers also should be mindful to collect reviews in a responsible and ethical manner.
A landing page is a unique web page created to lead an individual to submit a review for a specific product on apibit.com.
Below we will outline best practices for sharing landing pages for review collection campaigns in ways that help protect inauthentic and fraudulent reviews. These best practices will help ensure that reviews are collected in a way that is fair, ethical, and secure.
- Share landing pages in closed forums or communities: One of the best ways to share landing pages is through closed forums or communities that are accessible only to customers. These forums can be a great way to engage with your customers and get them to leave reviews. By sharing the landing pages in a closed environment, you can ensure that only customers have access to them, and you can ensure that the reviews are from legitimate users.
- Share landing pages directly with customers through email or direct messages: Another way to share landing pages is by sending them directly to customers through email or direct messages. This can be a good way to personalize the message and get customers to leave reviews. By sending the landing pages directly, you can also verify that the reviews are from legitimate users.
- Share landing pages in private social media groups: If you have a private social media group that is accessible only to customers, you can share the landing pages there. This can be a good way to engage with your customers and build a community around your product or service. By sharing the landing pages in a private group, you can verify that the reviews are from legitimate users.
- Share landing pages with partners and affiliates: You can also share the landing pages with your partners and affiliates who can then share them with their customers. This can be a good way to expand your reach and get more reviews. However, it’s important to ensure that your partners and affiliates are sharing the landing pages in a secure and responsible manner.
It’s important to emphasize that sharing landing pages publicly can lead to them becoming compromised. Compromised in this sense means they become targets of users or groups looking to exploit them for gift cards that are offered. They can trigger non-customers leaving reviews with malicious intent, which can harm your reputation. Therefore, it’s crucial to only share the landing pages in secure and closed environments where only customers can have access. Additionally, violating these best practices can lead to disabling of the landing page by apibit.com’s moderation team.
The content and information on this Site (including, but not limited to, messages, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, graphics, video, maps, icons, software, code, or other material), as well as the infrastructure used to provide such content and information, is proprietary to us, except as expressly provided in these Terms. You agree not to otherwise modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any such content or information obtained from or through this Site.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- use this Site or its contents for any commercial purpose without our express written permission;
- access, monitor, or copy any content or information of this Site using any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- republish reviews posted on another seller’s apibit.com profile;
- republish the aggregated Star Rating of another seller’s products or services;
- republish, in whole or in part, any apibit.com Report without a license;
- violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this Site or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this Site;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- deep-link to any portion of this Site for any purpose without our express written permission;
- “frame”, “mirror”, or otherwise incorporate any part of this Site into any other website or mobile application without our prior written authorization;
- attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software programs used by apibit.com in connection with this Site or the content we provide;
- post reviews on products or services offered by your current employer or by direct competitors of your current employer;
- log in using an alias that masks your true identity, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the apibit.com Community and/or website;
- collect and disclose any private information of any person within the apibit.com Community;
- post job postings, solicitations, or other advertisements, without our express written permission;
- collect reviews by any method that segments out potentially negative reviews or exclusively targets positive reviews;
- condition incentives on reviews being positive or discourage negative reviews of your product or service; or
Use of apibit.com’s Content
If you have earned an apibit.com Badge, you may republish the badge, provided that all such digital republicationa backlink to the apibit.com page for your applicable product or service. However, you may not alter,, or otherwise modify the badge in any manner. For example, you may not alter the colors of the badge to match its brand guidelines.
You may republish and share the aggregated Star Rating of your applicable product(s) and/or service(s) on the apibit.com Site, provided you provide a backlink to the applicable profile page on apibit.com and attribute the Star Rating to apibit.com as follows: “Source: apibit.com, Inc.”