Are you an administrative assistant looking for the best software to help you do your job more efficiently? Look no further! We’ve rounded up the top 9 software programs of 2023 that will make managing a busy office environment easier. Our list has something for everyone, from automated workflow systems to virtual meeting services.
Read on to learn more about these top-rated solutions and how they can make your life as an administrative assistant a breeze. Our comprehensive reviews of each software program allow you to choose the perfect product for your needs! Let’s look at the best software for administrative assistants in 2023.
Microsoft Office Suite is a collection of productivity software applications developed and distributed by Microsoft Corporation. It includes programs commonly used in an office or home setting to create, edit, and share documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more. The suite has become a standard for many businesses, schools, and individuals.
Here are the key features of Microsoft Office Suite:
- Word: a word processing program used to create and edit documents such as letters, resumes, reports, and manuscripts. It includes tools for formatting, spell-checking, and adding graphics.
- Excel: a spreadsheet program used to create and manage data, such as budgets, invoices, and financial statements. It includes tools for performing calculations, creating charts, and analyzing data.
- PowerPoint: a program that creates and delivers presentations with slides, graphics, and multimedia. It includes tools for creating custom templates, animating slide transitions, and rehearsing presentations.
- Outlook: an email client and personal information manager used to manage email, calendars, contacts, and tasks. It includes tools for organizing and scheduling appointments, sending and receiving emails, and managing contacts.
- OneNote: a note-taking program used to capture, organize, and share ideas and information across devices. It includes tools for creating notes, drawings, and sketches and integrating them with other Office applications.
- Access: a database management program used to create and manage databases for organizing and storing large amounts of data. It includes tools for designing forms, reports, and queries and integrating them with other Office applications.
The pricing of Microsoft Office Suite depends on the specific version and subscription plan. Microsoft offers two main options:
- Microsoft 365: a subscription-based service that provides access to the latest versions of all Office applications, as well as other features such as cloud storage, security, and collaboration tools. Prices start at $6.99 monthly for a personal plan and $9.99 for a family plan.
- Office Home & Student 2021: a one-time purchase that includes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for one device. It costs $149.99. Other editions of the suite are available for businesses and enterprise customers, with pricing varying depending on the number of users and features included.
Google Workspace is a set of cloud-based productivity tools developed by Google. It includes various applications that help businesses and organizations to communicate, collaborate and manage their work more efficiently.
The core applications included in Google Workspace are:
- Gmail: A secure email service with 30GB of storage space per user, spam filters, and advanced search capabilities.
- Google Drive: A cloud-based storage solution that enables users to store and share files and folders and collaborate in real-time with other users.
- Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides: These are web-based word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications, respectively, that allow users to create, edit, and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in real-time.
- Google Meet: A video conferencing platform that allows users to host online meetings, webinars, and conference calls with up to 250 participants.
- The Google Forms A tool allows users to easily create surveys, quizzes, and feedback forms.
- Google Calendar: A web-based calendar application allowing users to schedule meetings, events, and tasks and share them with others.
- Google Sites: A website creation tool that allows users to create and share simple websites and intranets.
- Real-time collaboration and editing: G Suite allows users to collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in real-time.
- Secure and reliable: G Suite includes enterprise-level security features, such as two-factor authentication, data loss prevention, and encryption.
- Mobile support: G Suite applications are available on mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Easy integration with other Google products: G Suite can be easily integrated with other Google products, such as Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Google Search Console.
- Centralized management: G Suite provides a centralized dashboard that allows administrators to manage user accounts, security settings, and applications.
Google Workspace offers various pricing plans to cater to the needs of different businesses and organizations. The plans include the following:
- Basic: $6 per user per month includes 30GB of storage per user, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Business: $12 per month includes unlimited storage, advanced security features, and Google Meet.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing includes all Business features, advanced data protection and control, and priority support.
- Education: Free for eligible schools and universities – includes all Basic features, unlimited storage, and advanced mobile device management.
Slack is a cloud-based communication and collaboration platform designed for teams to work together more efficiently. It offers a range of features that facilitate communication, project management, file sharing, and integration with third-party tools. Slack’s user-friendly interface and robust feature set make it a popular choice for companies of all sizes.
- Channels: Users can create channels for different projects or topics to help keep conversations organized and focused.
- Direct messaging: Users can send direct messages to team members or groups for one-on-one conversations or private discussions.
- File sharing: Slack allows users to share files with colleagues or groups, including images, videos, documents, etc.
- Integrations: Slack integrates with hundreds of third-party apps and services, allowing users to access and share data from other tools directly within Slack.
- Search: Slack’s search feature lets users quickly find specific messages, files, or conversations.
- Customization: Users can customize their Slack experience with themes, emojis, and other personalization options.
Slack offers several pricing tiers to fit different team sizes and needs:
- Free: The free plan includes basic features such as one-to-one video calls and 10,000 searchable messages.
- Standard: The standard plan costs $7.25 per user per month (when billed annually) and includes unlimited searchable messages, screen sharing, and group video calls.
- Plus: The plus plan costs $12.50 per user per month (when billed annually) and includes advanced features such as SSO, compliance exports, and user provisioning.
- Enterprise Grid: The enterprise grid plan is designed for large organizations with complex needs and offers custom pricing and features such as enterprise-grade security and compliance controls.
Asana is a project management and collaboration tool that allows teams to track and manage their work in one centralized platform. It was founded in 2008 by Dustin Moskovitz and Justin Rosenstein and has since become a popular choice for teams of all sizes, from small startups to large enterprises.
- Task Management: Create and assign tasks, set due dates, and track progress in real-time.
- Project Management: Organize tasks into projects, create project timelines, and set project goals.
- Collaboration: Comment on tasks, tag team members, and share files and information.
- Calendar: View tasks and project deadlines in a calendar view.
- Dashboards: Create custom dashboards to track project progress and team performance.
- Automation: Automate repetitive tasks with rules and triggers.
- Integration: Asana integrates with over 1000 other tools, including Slack, Google Drive, and Zapier.
Asana offers several pricing plans to fit different team sizes and needs:
- Basic: This free plan includes tasks and project management features for teams of up to 15 people.
- Premium: This plan costs $10.99 per user per month and includes additional features such as timelines, custom fields, and advanced search.
- Business: This plan costs $24.99 per user per month and includes even more advanced features such as portfolios, proofing, and custom rules.
- Enterprise: This plan is designed for large organizations and offers additional security, support, and customization options. Pricing is available upon request.
Trello is a web-based project management, virtual assistant, and collaboration tool that uses a card-based system to help individuals and teams organize and prioritize tasks, projects, and ideas.
- Boards: Create multiple boards for different projects, teams, or departments and easily switch between them.
- Cards: Create cards for individual tasks or ideas and add details, attachments, and due dates.
- Lists: Organize cards into lists such as “To Do,” “Doing,” and “Done.”
- Labels: Use labels to categorize cards by priority, type, or other custom criteria.
- Comments: Add comments and collaborate with team members in real time.
- Checklists: Create checklists within cards to break tasks into smaller, manageable steps.
- Calendar View: View cards with due dates on a calendar to easily visualize deadlines.
- Power-Ups: Add integrations with tools like Google Drive, Slack, and GitHub.
- Mobile App: Access and manage boards on the go with the mobile app.
Trello offers a free version with basic features and limited functionality. The paid plans offer more advanced features and additional power-ups. The pricing for the paid plans is as follows:
- Trello Business Class – $12.50 per user per month (when billed annually), with a minimum of 20 users. This plan includes advanced checklists, custom fields, priority support, and unlimited power-ups.
- Trello Enterprise – Custom pricing for large organizations with unique needs. This plan includes advanced security and compliance, dedicated account support, and custom onboarding and training.
QuickBooks is a popular cloud-based accounting software that helps businesses manage their finances and streamline their accounting tasks. It offers many features that allow businesses to track expenses, create invoices, manage payroll, and generate financial reports.
- Invoicing: Create and customize invoices, accept payments online, and send payment reminders.
- Expense Tracking: Track and categorize expenses, attach receipts, and reconcile bank transactions.
- Financial Reporting: Generate various financial reports, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Payroll Management: Run payroll, pay employees, and calculate taxes automatically.
- Inventory Management: Track inventory levels, create purchase orders, and receive alerts when stock is low.
- Mobile App: Access QuickBooks from your mobile device to manage your finances on the go.
QuickBooks offers several pricing plans based on the needs of your business:
- Simple Start: $25 per month – Includes invoicing, expense tracking, and financial reporting for one user.
- Essentials: $40 per month – Includes all features of Simple Start plus time tracking and multiple-user access.
- Plus: $70 per month – Includes all Essentials features, inventory tracking, and 1099 contractor management.
- Advanced: $150 per month – Includes all features of Plus plus advanced reporting and dedicated customer support.
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is a software program designed for administrative assistants and professionals who need to create, edit, and manage PDF documents. This software allows users to easily share, sign, and collaborate on documents across devices and platforms.
- Edit PDF files: With Acrobat Pro DC, users can edit text and images in PDF documents without converting them to other formats. It also allows users to add, delete, or modify text and images in a document.
- Create PDF files: Acrobat Pro DC enables users to create PDF files from other formats such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more. Users can also create PDF forms and gather data from recipients.
- Collaboration and Review: This software has features that allow users to share documents with others, review and comment on documents, and track document activity.
- eSignatures: Acrobat Pro DC supports eSignatures, which allows users to sign documents electronically and collect signatures from others.
- Security: This software also offers security features that enable users to protect PDF files with passwords, permissions, and encryption.
Acrobat Pro DC is available for purchase as a subscription-based service. The pricing plans are as follows:
- Acrobat Pro DC (monthly subscription): $14.99/month
- Acrobat Pro DC (annual subscription): $179.88/year
- Acrobat Pro DC with Adobe Sign (monthly subscription): $29.99/month
- Acrobat Pro DC with Adobe Sign (annual subscription): $359.88/year
There are also enterprise pricing plans available for organizations with larger teams. Additionally, Adobe offers a free trial for users to test the software before purchasing.
Zoom is a popular video conferencing and communication software that has become increasingly important due to remote work and virtual meetings. While Zoom is primarily used as a video conferencing tool, it also offers several features that make it useful for administrative assistants looking to streamline their workflows and communicate more effectively with their teams.
- Video Conferencing: Zoom’s primary feature is its ability to host video conferences, allowing users to join meetings with colleagues from anywhere in the world.
- Screen Sharing: Users can share their screens in a meeting, making collaborating and presenting information easy.
- Recording: Zoom allows users to record meetings, making it easy to review later or share with those who couldn’t attend.
- Chat: Zoom offers a chat feature allowing users to communicate with each other during or outside a meeting.
- Breakout Rooms: This feature allows meeting hosts to split participants into smaller groups, making it easier to facilitate discussion and collaboration.
- Virtual Backgrounds: Zoom allows users to add virtual backgrounds to their video feed, making it easy to hide their physical location or add some personality to their meetings.
- Integrations: Zoom can integrate with other tools, such as Google Calendar and Slack, making scheduling and joining meetings easy.
Zoom offers four different pricing plans:
- Free: This plan allows unlimited 1-on-1 meetings, but group meetings are limited to 40 minutes. It also offers video conferencing features, screen sharing, and virtual backgrounds.
- Pro: This plan costs $14.99/month/host and allows unlimited group meetings with a 24-hour time limit. It also includes features such as recording, user management, and reporting.
- Business: This plan costs $19.99/month/host and includes all of the features of the Pro plan, as well as dedicated phone support and admin controls.
- Enterprise: This plan is designed for large organizations and includes all of the features of the Business plan, as well as unlimited cloud storage, a dedicated customer success manager, and executive business reviews. Pricing for this plan is available upon request.
9) Salesforce CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Software
Salesforce CRM (Customer Relationship Management) is a cloud-based software that helps businesses manage customer data, interactions, and marketing strategies. It provides a unified view of customer information, enabling businesses to enhance customer relationships and improve sales and marketing efforts.
- Contact and Lead Management: Businesses can store customer information, track interactions, and prioritize leads based on their level of engagement.
- Sales Forecasting and Pipeline Management: Sales teams can monitor their sales pipeline, track opportunities, and forecast revenue.
- Marketing Automation: Businesses can create and execute targeted marketing campaigns, track leads, and analyze campaign performance.
- Collaboration and Communication: Salesforce CRM allows teams to collaborate on tasks, share files, and communicate in real time.
- Customizable Dashboards and Reports: Businesses can create custom dashboards and reports to track key metrics and analyze data.
- Mobile App: Salesforce CRM provides a mobile app that enables users to access customer information and manage their tasks from anywhere.
Pricing for Salesforce CRM varies depending on the package and the number of users. The following are some of the available packages:
- Salesforce Essentials: This package is designed for small businesses and costs $25 per monthly user.
- Salesforce Professional: This package is designed for mid-sized businesses and costs $75 per user per month.
- Salesforce Enterprise: This package is designed for larger businesses and costs $150 per monthly user.
- Salesforce Unlimited: This package is designed for businesses with complex needs and costs $300 per monthly user.
Executive assistants have many tools and resources to help them manage their tasks and responsibilities. Popular tools include project management software, virtual assistant services, event planning tools, time management apps, and executive assistant software. Executive assistants should also consider assigning phone tasks to themselves or other team members to ensure timely responses and track call history and time zones.
All the tools listed in this article can help executive assistants stay organized and efficient, allowing them to focus on more important tasks. Executive assistants can become more efficient, organized, and successful with the right tools and resources.
An executive assistant tool is software designed to help executive assistants manage their day-to-day tasks and responsibilities, such as scheduling meetings, managing email, and organizing files.
Some of the best tools for executive assistants include project management software, virtual assistant services, event planning tools, time management apps, and executive assistant software.
Assigning phone tasks can help ensure that everyone on the team is responding to calls and inquiries on time. You can use project management software or virtual assistant services to assign and monitor call tasks between team members.
Some popular project management tools include Trello, Asana, Basecamp, and Jira.
You can use executive assistant software to track call history and time zones. This type of software can provide detailed logs of all calls, including the date and time they took place, as well as the duration of the call. It can also help you keep track of different time zones to ensure that everyone on your team is in the right place at the right time.